Getting into this box is what's best for both of us. During your time in the box, you will learn so much, and yet experience so little. It's a wild ride, my friend, one well worth the time spent...and let's face it, you don't have much to do these days anyway.

Friday 12 April 2013

Results of the Captain's "forced discipline and regimen month".


Or one month and five days, if you want to be strict about it. As set out in the initial post, five days weights, two days running, one running day every two weeks an off day.

A few things I've done to my diet:

-Cut out wheat as much as possible from my diet.
-Changed from vegetable oils to butter for frying.
-Now take whole milk, non-UHT.
-Limited rice a little more.

Results so far:

-I think my shoulder's almost fully back up to snuff now; mere twinges under my usual load. Once those are gone I'll be looking into increasing my weight load.
-Lost 3-4 kilograms (hard to get an exact handle, since it does fluctuate according to my fluid intake), from 82 to 78-79. Really, especially since according to that quaint little food pyramid, all those saturated fats going into my system should have made me a bloated blubber ball. You mean they lied? Say it ain't so!
-Finished my individual report for the designing of a vacuum distillation operation for the separation of acetylated castor oil from acetic anhydride and acetic acid.
-Started Koanic Soul, tested out my slightly customised Koan set, trying out Koanic's "faith of a mustard seed" koan at the moment, along with some glossolalia exercises. I'll have the lot in a separate post sometime soon.

I don't have a photo like Cappy Cap does at the moment, so you'll just have to take my word for it. But I will say that I'm rather pleased with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment