Getting into this box is what's best for both of us. During your time in the box, you will learn so much, and yet experience so little. It's a wild ride, my friend, one well worth the time spent...and let's face it, you don't have much to do these days anyway.

Wednesday 6 March 2013

I formally join the Captain's forced discipline and regimen month.


Now that my shoulder's more or less mended (there are a few slight twinges remaining, but I'm sure they'll go away soon enough), I'm finding myself with a need to recondition, and what better way to do that than to join the good old Captain's forced discipline and regimen month?

My final semester in my chemical engineering degree will keep my mind occupied enough (oh god, vaccum distillation!), but I've found myself flagging a bit when it comes to the physical side of things. My body's gotten used to the light duty I took to recover, and I've got to whip it into shape.

A couple of goals:


*The official plan is five days weights, two days running per week.
*Three days per week at most for two meals with rice, one at most for the other four days (don't want to break my poor mother's heart, here)
*Recondition my lat-pull downs back to 200 pounds.
*I will pick a subject largely unknown to me and learn something about it in the little spare time I have.
*I will receive and read both the Captain's and Aurini's books. (They shipped today, in transit.)

Here's a before photo, in the spirit of the Captain. I'm not too worried about people recognising me from this - I don't have that many photos tied to my real name online, and I look quite different with my glasses on/in normal attire.


2 comments:

  1. Good luck to you on this one. I find that I have tremendous willpower to do all sorts of things, but consistent exercise is not one of them.

    ReplyDelete